Q. Do you ever have sales or do discounts?
- You will find that I never do sales. I want my clients to know that my collection prices are the absolute best price I could give them. I don’t give discounts for last-minute weddings because I think it is unfair to the clients that booked me years in advance. The only discounts I offer are for members and veterans of our military. Sometimes I will do model calls for people that are comfortable in front of the camera, but these are generally only for lifestyle sessions and they happen rarely.
Q. Do you do boudoir?
- Yes! I absolutely love doing boudoir sessions. I usually have 2 or 3 boudoir marathons every year, and I find them so incredibly rewarding. I do very little boudoir outside of scheduled marathons, but have opened up to more in-home sessions in the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
Q. Do I receive every image that you take at my wedding/session?
- No, I will never deliver every single image from a session or wedding. I can take anywhere from 500 to 4500 photos at a wedding or session, and trust me when I say that it is incredibly difficult to look through that many images. I cull images due to errors in flash, framing, and focusing, and I overshoot so that I don’t miss anything, which means I can end up with as many as 20 photos of the exact same thing. I want to assure you though, I have absolutely nothing to gain by keeping good photos from you, I want to share everything I can!
Q. Do you edit every single photo?
- Yes, I edit every single image I deliver to you. Some just need a quick crop and colour adjustment, others need some airbrushing and distraction removal. Please keep in mind that I will not “fix” every photo for things beyond my control. I will only do advanced editing on glasses flares, sunburns, forgotten bouquets etc but only for requested photographs as it is incredibly time intensive.
Q. Why do you insist on consultations?
- I take great pride in the relationships I can build with my clients. I think it’s incredibly important to make sure that we “click” prior to you hiring me. In addition, I think it’s extremely beneficial to go over my contract together to make sure you understand everything it says and can ask me any questions you need to in person.
Q. Are you licensed and insured?
- You bet I am. My gear and vehicle are insured, and I have business liability insurance. My business is registered in Strathcona Country and I purchase individual municipality licenses depending on where I am booked every year.
Q. What kind of gear do you have?
- I own Canon gear primarily. I have a Canon 5D Mark III and my Mark II is my back-up body. I have an entire range of lenses and flashes that I use depending on your requirements. Apart from my OCF flashes I do not use light boxes or strobes. Sometimes I bust out the reflector but only if the lighting situation is unbearable.
Q. Do you require a deposit?
- I do require retention fees for both weddings and boudoir marathons. Retention fees hold your wedding date or time slot in my calendar. I will not hold a date until I have received a signed contract and retention fee from a client.
Q. Do you sell prints?
- I absolutely sell prints, in addition to canvases, enlargements, and albums. I can provide you with a pricing guide for product if you wish to purchase through me. I get all of my product from the same supplier I have been going through for years. My computer is calibrated to their lab, so the photos are printed to the exact specifications that I edit them with. Because I provide you with digital files and a print release, you are free to print your photos wherever you like, though I do recommend getting all enlargements either through me or a reputable lab. While Wal-Mart and London Drugs are great if you are on a tight budget, the quality is incomparable to a legitimate printing lab.
Q. Do you offer newborn packages?
- I no longer offer newborn photos, I have migrated to more of a documentary type of package. I love being invited into your home to capture how your family moves throughout your day, especially with a newborn. Get in touch with me about one of these packages today!
Q. Do you travel?
- One word. Yes. Get in touch, I make it a mission to see as many places as I possibly can!
Q. How long can I view my online gallery?
- Online galleries expire after one month, so please ensure you and your family have downloaded your gallery in that time. I need to pay for online storage which is why the galleries expire.
Q. I don’t see many photos of people looking at the camera in your portfolio, why?
- I prefer to capture real emotion and interactions with you and your family/friends/significant other. While I will always get some photos of everyone looking at the camera, it’s not the type of work I showcase in my portfolio, I prefer to shoot interactions instead of posing. I will always help my clients pose, but from there I will give you cues that will get you to interact with each other.